Thursday, March 22, 2012

We Fell In Love In A Hopeless Place

So, it may be a month away, but I've started putting together my ensemble for a semi I have coming up. I am loving BOLD color right now, so Adair's Lover's Blues Dress is going to be the chosen on for this event! 
I just love that it is bright, striking, vibrant, feminine, lace... should I go on or are yall getting the point? It's just too cute to boot. Anyways, now that I have the dress, all I need is the SHOES. Da na na.

At first thought, I was not exactly sure what direction I wanted to go with the duds on my feet. I assumed with the endless options that could go with this solid dress, the hunt for shoes would be like a wild goose chase and I would be searching the high heavens for days never being able to make a decision. But, I was wrong. 
These Pierre Hardy color blocked wedges called my name as soon as I saw them. In my head, Rhianna's We Fell In Love In A Hopeless Place was playing. Yes, I loved them that much-the chunky wedge, pop of color, contrast in texture, and the sleek lines, how could I not? Don't get to excited- this is a tragic love story. These, my friends, are WAY over my budget!
Lucky for me, after a bit of sulking, I found these little gals by Qupid at Piperlime. They encompass everything I love about the Pierre Hardy's at a MUCH more reasonable price point. And I am totally diggin  the yellow & cobalt combo- EKKK. I can't want to see how this outfit comes together. Finding accessories will be the next task, but so far I love the twist of the dress's vintage silhouette and fabric with the bold color contrast and sleek lines of the shoes. 




No comments:

Post a Comment