Monday, April 2, 2012

WITH THE BLINK OF AN EYE, IT'S MONDAY

Busy doesn’t even begin to describe my weekend! It was chocked full of excitement, starting with the wrap up of Greek Week, here at UNCC. & for the 6th year in a row Alpha Delta Pi took the cake- its safe to say, we are a little competitive! Friday night was air band (a theatrical dance performance competition between members of Greek Life), our theme was “Once Upon A Time”, it was a fairy tale performance that landed us 1st place! Thank the lord my sisters can work it- if I had to get out there I would look like a fish out of water {rhythm is not a strong suit of mine}! Check out the performance here.
Just a little celebratory chanting!

Saturday was a big day, Carolina Cup! Yay- we had all been looking forward to it for quite sometime! As expected, College Park was a sea of pastels! I broke the mold a little and went with a less cup-ish number that I thought went best with my hat (more on that here)! Thankfully, the rain showers were over by the time we rolled into Camden, leaving us with a pretty day! The little things made it a memorable trip from the charter buss’s emergency exits turned sunroofs (yes, that happened) to running into old friends, we had a blast- not to mention there were a few Adair spottings
 {which obviously, made me giddy}!

Just a few snapshots from the day! My dress, along with Brittany's (bottom left corner, stripes) can be traced back to our very own, Adair

Laura Wood, a friend from high school (all the way left), sported Adair, as well! Didn't she just look stunning in our Lovers Blues Dress? I mean seriously, she has to have the best smile of anyone I know & the combination of her red locks with the cobalt lace was smokin!

While I am on a dress kick, I have to give a shot out to Jessica Glover for, in my option, having the most stand out dress- looks like I am just into the whole red hair/blue dress combo! But really, she was perfectly suited for the occasion! I am not typically a Lilly girl, but I was drooling over this dress!

Every detail was swoon worthy- the peplum waste line was not over done, embroidered detail from front to back-breath taking, and the exposed back zipper gave it a little edge! Jess- you nailed it! 

That's all for my Carolina Cup run down-see you next March, Camden!

 Hope yall had an equally exciting weekend.
 Now it’s on to a busy week! A trunk show and 3 test- say a little prayer for me, PLEASE!

No comments:

Post a Comment